SESC offers several professional learning opportunities for teachers and coaches of mathematics. With a focus on modeling, rich discussion, and deep conceptual understanding the Conceptual Building Blocks professional learning opportunities are designed to strengthen core mathematics instruction as well as offer strategies that address the needs of students in intervention and students with disabilities. The elementary trainings are presented in three modules centering on the areas of addition/subtraction, multiplication/division, and fraction/decimals. The middle school trainings are presented in three modules focusing on proportional reasoning, algebraic thinking, and geometry.
Striving to meet the needs of all districts, SESC math consultants offer these additional professional learning opportunities.
- Formative Assessment Lessons in Mathematics
- Active Formative Assessment
- Enduring Skills/Understandings
- PLC- with an emphasis on the Plan, Do, Study, Act Cycle of Continuous Improvement
- Preschool Mathematics
- Effective Classroom Strategies for Mathematics
- A Deeper Understanding of the Kentucky Core Academic Math Standards
- Using Concrete Models in Middle School Mathematics
- Effective use of Khan Academy
SESC math consultants offer participants of trainings one -on- one coaching to provide classroom/instructional support as an on-going component to assist teachers in implementing the strategies shared.
Last Updated on July 15, 2016